HUNGER GAMES MAFIA

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: HUNGER GAMES MAFIA

Post by Mary on Sat Dec 08, 2012 2:31 pm

So the problem with this is in real hunger games basically everyone is a serial killer character because the goal is to be the last one standing. So, if I was actually a tribute I would just be trying to get rid of everyone. Now, I have to figure out who is actually on my side and we have basically no leads today Sad

_______________________________________
Read books. Care about things. Get excited. -Hank Green
avatar
Mary
Hitman
Hitman

Posts : 2132
Points : 1841

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: HUNGER GAMES MAFIA

Post by MLPAlex on Sat Dec 08, 2012 2:31 pm

*Large crowd gathers around

Fight, Fight, fight, fight, fight!!!

_______________________________________
AppleZach is the worst co-narrator in the world! I'm saying this to remind me to never narrate with him again. d
P.S. Applejack sucks cool
avatar
MLPAlex
Informant
Informant

Posts : 1179
Points : 1453

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: HUNGER GAMES MAFIA

Post by PinkSponge on Sat Dec 08, 2012 2:45 pm

I remove myself from this fight because I do not know how to fight.

Also I hate when there's no kill on the first day. I mean, it's good, because no townies die, but we have nothing to go on.

_______________________________________
"It's a brand new day, and the sun is high. All the birds are singing that you're gonna die."
avatar
PinkSponge
Informant
Informant

Posts : 1453
Points : 1637

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: HUNGER GAMES MAFIA

Post by DecemberHare on Sat Dec 08, 2012 2:46 pm

Statefarm wrote:I agree that it doesn't seem like the mafia sent in the kill. Usually with a doctor, the fact that someone was saved is mentioned. I feel like one of those four is probably the best lead we have but is there a way to check when they were last on or does it just say online / offline or are we just going off of who said something / who we saw was on?
It's really up to the narrator if she wants to mention the saving part. What made it look like a mafia didn't send in a kill was that she mentioned that they have hidden themselves away, which seems really odd.
partinobodycular wrote: After yesterday's fighting, it seems the remaining tributes have hidden themselves away to plan their strategies. Hopefully today we'll get to see some killing!
If you go to "Members" on top, you can see what time they were last online, but it changes if a person leaves and then comes back. I made my post a couple minutes after Parti posted the scene, so I based the four people on the members list back then. It might not be the same if you look at it again.
avatar
DecemberHare
Crook
Crook

Posts : 664
Points : 932

View user profile http://amirite.net/user/DecemberHare

Back to top Go down

Re: HUNGER GAMES MAFIA

Post by speckleasme on Sat Dec 08, 2012 2:50 pm

PinkSponge wrote:I remove myself from this fight because I do not know how to fight.

Also I hate when there's no kill on the first day. I mean, it's good, because no townies die, but we have nothing to go on.
Well on the first day we NEVER have anything to go on.
avatar
speckleasme
Crook
Crook

Posts : 682
Points : 1078

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: HUNGER GAMES MAFIA

Post by partinobodycular on Sat Dec 08, 2012 2:51 pm

Mary wrote:So the problem with this is in real hunger games basically everyone is a serial killer character because the goal is to be the last one standing. So, if I was actually a tribute I would just be trying to get rid of everyone. Now, I have to figure out who is actually on my side and we have basically no leads today Sad
Yeah, this isn't a perfect adaptation. But it'll work well enough.

_______________________________________
Lucky men are hung. Unlucky men are hanged.

May the wine of friendship never run dry. Here's to you, and here's to me.
avatar
partinobodycular
Admin
Admin

Posts : 1509
Points : 2066

View user profile http://rayshagurlquakay.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Re: HUNGER GAMES MAFIA

Post by lucyjoan on Sat Dec 08, 2012 2:55 pm

imho the lack-of-killing was either caused by a roleblocker or a forgetful mafia, not a saved victim. Right now the best lead is to go after someone who was inactive last night, but that's always shaky evidence so I don't want to put my full support behind one of those players.

_______________________________________
Dylan Saunders just has the sexiest face, oms
avatar
lucyjoan
Admin
Admin

Posts : 1546
Points : 1677

View user profile http://facebook.com/lucyjoancrochet

Back to top Go down

Re: HUNGER GAMES MAFIA

Post by PinkSponge on Sat Dec 08, 2012 3:00 pm

speckleasme wrote:
PinkSponge wrote:I remove myself from this fight because I do not know how to fight.

Also I hate when there's no kill on the first day. I mean, it's good, because no townies die, but we have nothing to go on.
Well on the first day we NEVER have anything to go on.
We generally have a dead person. In desert island, Saturn dying first sparked a ton of discussion.

_______________________________________
"It's a brand new day, and the sun is high. All the birds are singing that you're gonna die."
avatar
PinkSponge
Informant
Informant

Posts : 1453
Points : 1637

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: HUNGER GAMES MAFIA

Post by DecemberHare on Sat Dec 08, 2012 3:06 pm

Since the only thing we have to go on with is the inactive people, I vote Skylar

I'm voting early since I'm going to sleep and I don't think I'll wake up in time. I'm pretty sure a lot of people are going to vote on the first day since no one wants to wait three days.

...or maybe some people won't vote at all so they can't be blamed for killing a townie. wary

Good night guys!
avatar
DecemberHare
Crook
Crook

Posts : 664
Points : 932

View user profile http://amirite.net/user/DecemberHare

Back to top Go down

Re: HUNGER GAMES MAFIA

Post by DecemberHare on Sat Dec 08, 2012 3:14 pm

I forgot to add Scootalootrue, sorry about that. He's been inactive for a long time.
avatar
DecemberHare
Crook
Crook

Posts : 664
Points : 932

View user profile http://amirite.net/user/DecemberHare

Back to top Go down

Re: HUNGER GAMES MAFIA

Post by saturnlite88 on Sat Dec 08, 2012 3:26 pm

DecemberHare wrote:
Statefarm wrote:I agree that it doesn't seem like the mafia sent in the kill. Usually with a doctor, the fact that someone was saved is mentioned. I feel like one of those four is probably the best lead we have but is there a way to check when they were last on or does it just say online / offline or are we just going off of who said something / who we saw was on?
It's really up to the narrator if she wants to mention the saving part. What made it look like a mafia didn't send in a kill was that she mentioned that they have hidden themselves away, which seems really odd.

I am a big proponent of not telling when the doctor saves when I narrate, but I think I am in the minority with this. And it does sound that it was the mafia forgot/chose not to kill, since everyone hid so that they could plan.

But actually my first thought when I saw there was no kill was that it was designed by parti, that we start without a kill. I can't explain why I thought that, but there is so much in this game that is different it's not infeasible.

But another reason that came to mind was that the game started the same night we got roles. Normally there is a day in-between. I was surprised when the game started last night. Perhaps players really were offline last night because they didn't know the game started. So that falls in-line with the inactive theory.

DecemberHare wrote:
partinobodycular wrote: After yesterday's fighting, it seems the remaining tributes have hidden themselves away to plan their strategies. Hopefully today we'll get to see some killing!
If you go to "Members" on top, you can see what time they were last online, but it changes if a person leaves and then comes back. I made my post a couple minutes after Parti posted the scene, so I based the four people on the members list back then. It might not be the same if you look at it again.

I didn't know we had this feature! Thanks December!

DecemberHare wrote:Since the only thing we have to go on with is the inactive people, I vote Skylar

I'm voting early since I'm going to sleep and I don't think I'll wake up in time. I'm pretty sure a lot of people are going to vote on the first day since no one wants to wait three days.

...or maybe some people won't vote at all so they can't be blamed for killing a townie. wary

Good night guys!

This does seem our only lead but as people have three days to get on, I don't want to jump to voting. Perhaps some of these people have stuff to say. And also: why Skylar of the ones you listed?
avatar
saturnlite88
Admin
Admin

Posts : 1552
Points : 2129

View user profile http://mafia-town.net

Back to top Go down

Re: HUNGER GAMES MAFIA

Post by saturnlite88 on Sat Dec 08, 2012 3:27 pm

Also,

partinobodycular wrote:2. Remember that anyone watching can become your sponsor. You are not required to be active, but those who the audience most enjoys watching are the most likely to receive gifts.

Makes it sound like dead players can vote on who to support and they receive benefits.

_______________________________________
"Believing in your friends and embracing that belief by forgiving failure. These feelings have vanished from our hearts." --King Igos du Ikana
avatar
saturnlite88
Admin
Admin

Posts : 1552
Points : 2129

View user profile http://mafia-town.net

Back to top Go down

Re: HUNGER GAMES MAFIA

Post by Blake11roys on Sat Dec 08, 2012 4:00 pm

Ok this will probably be my only post today for the next 10 hours, but I have the next 2 days off. I'm actually really excited about this game because I can't really play other games right now with my current work schedule because I would miss most of the discussion since voting will end before I get off. But the way this one is set up I'll be able to take part in discussion! So if you guys kill me I'll be pissed d

Anyway, I've read a few games on mafiascum and I think the no kill might be intentional because mafiascum games start out with the day phase. The fact that parti actually had a night phase makes me think this might not be the case, though.

Since mafiascum games always start out with everybody casting a random vote I Vote AppleZach for being the first person on the list.
avatar
Blake11roys
Admin
Admin

Posts : 1372
Points : 1027

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: HUNGER GAMES MAFIA

Post by todo4 on Sat Dec 08, 2012 4:51 pm

Since i will probably not be on later I vote speckleasme.

todo4
Gooney
Gooney

Posts : 112
Points : 112

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: HUNGER GAMES MAFIA

Post by PinkSponge on Sat Dec 08, 2012 4:54 pm

Oh, the thing about the sponsors makes sense. So we have to kill people, but then try to stay on their good side in case they can help us later. hehe

I think that the mafia forgot to send in a kill, not that there wasn't supposed to be one, because Parti definitely had a night phase and wanted people to send in actions, which I assume would include killing.

I vote Statefarm. You messed with the wrong person, Taylor. d

_______________________________________
"It's a brand new day, and the sun is high. All the birds are singing that you're gonna die."
avatar
PinkSponge
Informant
Informant

Posts : 1453
Points : 1637

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: HUNGER GAMES MAFIA

Post by todo4 on Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:02 pm

The mafia could have been role blocked which prevented him/her from sending in the kill.

todo4
Gooney
Gooney

Posts : 112
Points : 112

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: HUNGER GAMES MAFIA

Post by Mary on Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:07 pm

todo4 wrote:The mafia could have been role blocked which prevented him/her from sending in the kill.
I think Todo is either mafia and they were told they were roleblocked or a roleblocker who thinks that maybe he roleblocked the right person. I know his post is just a theory but something about it makes me feel like he knows that there was roleblocking involved. I don't know, just a gut feeling.

_______________________________________
Read books. Care about things. Get excited. -Hank Green
avatar
Mary
Hitman
Hitman

Posts : 2132
Points : 1841

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: HUNGER GAMES MAFIA

Post by Nate on Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:16 pm

I was not aware the game had started. I dont wan to to vote in this game without reason. Given todo did a very random vote so ill dtart by voting for todo

_______________________________________
Please! This is supposed to be a happy occasion. Let's not bicker and argue over who probably killed who. -Monty Python and the Holy Grail
avatar
Nate
Hooker
Hooker

Posts : 385
Points : 140

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: HUNGER GAMES MAFIA

Post by todo4 on Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:20 pm

I have one question natekid11 are Blake's and pinksponge's votes not random votes too?


Last edited by todo4 on Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:28 pm; edited 1 time in total

todo4
Gooney
Gooney

Posts : 112
Points : 112

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: HUNGER GAMES MAFIA

Post by Statefarm on Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:24 pm

PinkSponge wrote:

I vote Statefarm. You messed with the wrong person, Taylor. d

I'm still up for the fight. d

Anyways, I feel like a bunch of random voting like this won't really do much since we need people to agree lest we want a three day day phase. I can kind of see where Mary is coming from with Todo but I don't think he's mafia since, I believe, this is his first game and I guess I just don't really share the feel she has. hmm

_______________________________________
So keep in happiness and torture me while I tell you, "Let's go in style."
avatar
Statefarm
Informant
Informant

Posts : 1341
Points : 1731

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: HUNGER GAMES MAFIA

Post by MLPAlex on Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:26 pm

Why are you all voting randomly? i thought you were not allowed to take your vote back after you casted it...

_______________________________________
AppleZach is the worst co-narrator in the world! I'm saying this to remind me to never narrate with him again. d
P.S. Applejack sucks cool
avatar
MLPAlex
Informant
Informant

Posts : 1179
Points : 1453

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: HUNGER GAMES MAFIA

Post by Statefarm on Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:26 pm

MLPAlex wrote:Why are you all voting randomly? i thought you were not allowed to take your vote back after you casted it...
Wait really.

_______________________________________
So keep in happiness and torture me while I tell you, "Let's go in style."
avatar
Statefarm
Informant
Informant

Posts : 1341
Points : 1731

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: HUNGER GAMES MAFIA

Post by Statefarm on Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:27 pm

MLPAlex wrote:Why are you all voting randomly? i thought you were not allowed to take your vote back after you casted it...
I don't see that anywhere. hmm

_______________________________________
So keep in happiness and torture me while I tell you, "Let's go in style."
avatar
Statefarm
Informant
Informant

Posts : 1341
Points : 1731

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: HUNGER GAMES MAFIA

Post by MLPAlex on Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:29 pm

Wasn't that in the rules? once you cast your vote you cant take it back.
Unless i read i wrong...

_______________________________________
AppleZach is the worst co-narrator in the world! I'm saying this to remind me to never narrate with him again. d
P.S. Applejack sucks cool
avatar
MLPAlex
Informant
Informant

Posts : 1179
Points : 1453

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: HUNGER GAMES MAFIA

Post by MLPAlex on Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:33 pm

I think They said it in the sign ups. Didnt she say in the game rules there are no takesis backsis

_______________________________________
AppleZach is the worst co-narrator in the world! I'm saying this to remind me to never narrate with him again. d
P.S. Applejack sucks cool
avatar
MLPAlex
Informant
Informant

Posts : 1179
Points : 1453

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: HUNGER GAMES MAFIA

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum