Mafia Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.mafia-town.net Grand Opening

+2
boxtop
saturnlite88
6 posters

Go down

www.mafia-town.net Grand Opening Empty www.mafia-town.net Grand Opening

Post by saturnlite88 Sun Feb 03, 2013 2:40 pm

This is not a joke, a prank, a rickroll. I promise. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] is now LIVE.

When you move and create your new account, check out these threads:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Before you rush to click those links, though, flatter me by hearing me out. This was a long process, that I have spent probably hundreds of hours on the idea, purchase, and design of Mafia Town. And when you take into consideration all the work that everyone who has helped has done, it's rather an overwhelming memory. When I started this project back in November, I had no idea that it would take until February to get it done. But it is finally in a state where I am happy to release it.

It isn't perfect. There are likely sill a few bugs that I haven't caught yet. The notification system isn't real-time. The wiki has hardly any articles. But I plan on continuing development and upgrades even post-launch. But I hope that you can see all the hard work and attention to detail that was put into this site. And I hope you come to love all of the new features that we have put in place.

I would like to thank everyone that donated to make this a possibility. Without your support, this day would not have come. And I would like to thank each and every user who has ever played mafia with us, for helping us hone and craft our game, and aspire to find the perfect mafia home for us.

But more than anyone, I would like to thank the following people:

Lucy, for doing all of the little, boring, annoying tasks that no one else wanted to do. And for doing them faster than I would have, and with great efficiency. For your insight and dedication. And for starting Mafia way back during the age of Game One.

Blake, for being a technical counterweight to my design process. You have introduced things to the site that I would never have done on my own. Thanks for helping fix the site all those times that I thought I broke it. We simply could never have gotten to this point with me alone writing the code and modding the site.

Mary, I want to thank you, even though you never felt helpful. You were the insight that none of the rest of us had. You had a valid opinion on most anything I asked, and good ideas that led the sight to be what it is today. You always had the site's purpose in mind: a place where we as friends could hang out.

Parti, not for going on a cruise without me, but for your attention to the all the little ideas. For your maturity, and how you always were thinking of the users. You had solutions to perhaps not the design challenges, but to issues between users. You were the voice of the team, and the pioneer of the newsletter.

Bri, thank you for keeping Blake awake to work on the site. Thank your for your ambition to help us. Thank you for making those awesome pistol and dagger icons. Thank you for helping me with the mundane task of organizing all of the images and making a unified image directory for all the different styles.

Bonsly, thank you for the awesome stamps you have so far made, even though you don't have much time to help us. The stamps are truely awesome and we will keep them forever. Thank you for the ranks and of course, the mafia TOWN banner.

We got through so many hiccups together I really appreciate all the work you have all put into this project. I dedicate this site to you guys. And to all users of Mafia Town, I hope that you enjoy the site.
saturnlite88
saturnlite88
Admin
Admin

http://mafia-town.net

Back to top Go down

www.mafia-town.net Grand Opening Empty Re: www.mafia-town.net Grand Opening

Post by boxtop Sun Feb 03, 2013 4:21 pm

I can't access the site. cry Is anyone else having this problem?
boxtop
boxtop
Hooker
Hooker

Back to top Go down

Post by PinkSponge Sun Feb 03, 2013 4:22 pm

"Jessica, thank you for bugging me and everyone else working on the team constantly about when the site would be up, despite having no knowledge about how difficult it was or what was even happening. Without you, we all would have been a little less annoyed."
PinkSponge
PinkSponge
Informant
Informant

Back to top Go down

Post by Mary Sun Feb 03, 2013 4:25 pm

It's working for me at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Try [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] maybe?
Mary
Mary
Hitman
Hitman

Back to top Go down

Post by MLPAlex Sun Feb 03, 2013 4:26 pm

So do we create a new account and everything will be added later?

P.S. it's working for me
MLPAlex
MLPAlex
Informant
Informant

Back to top Go down

Post by lucyjoan Sun Feb 03, 2013 4:29 pm

Go check out the "Moving from MO to MT" link up there
lucyjoan
lucyjoan
Admin
Admin

https://facebook.com/lucyjoancrochet

Back to top Go down

Post by MLPAlex Sun Feb 03, 2013 5:14 pm

OK, created my new account. Ill wait until the recent games are over before i transfer my points over though
MLPAlex
MLPAlex
Informant
Informant

Back to top Go down

Post by lucyjoan Sun Feb 03, 2013 5:19 pm

Yeah, that's the idea y
lucyjoan
lucyjoan
Admin
Admin