Mafia Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A notice about amirite

Go down

A notice about amirite Empty A notice about amirite

Post by saturnlite88 Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:04 am

Hi everyone!

We as users have enjoyed nine wonderful and thrilling mafia games on amirite, as well as a number of smaller side games and newbie games. Mafia has become a way of life.

However, several of the mafia users have decided to stop playing mafia on amirite for a variety of reasons, me one of them. I do not know if any future mafia games will be held here, but the current planned narrators have decided to move their planned games to a new site: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I made this site for mafia, and everything about it is mafia themed. Ranks are based on the positions in a mafia family, the colors are mafia inspired, and there is a calendar to show the important mafia dates. I encourage all of you to check it out!

If you would like, someone can take over mafia on amirite, but I encourage you all to check out Mafia Online!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The above message is a notice for amirite users who are coming to Mafia Online. We want to make the switch to Mafia Online.

If you are reading this, thank you for taking the time to visit my forum. I am saturnlite88, and I made Mafia Online as a new place for my friends and I to play mafia, after being frustrated by the new amirite website.

To explain my motivation, I will share the email I sent to amirite's new admin:

Hello administrators. I have waited until the ninth game of mafia was over before sending this email.

I think by now it is obvious that you have upset a lot of amirite users, several of whom have voiced their opinions or left the site. I understand that your motivations are financial, and that changes must be made to amirite for it to be profitable. I understand that change is hard to accept.

But there is a line. There is a level of change that I am not comfortable with. When amirite ceases to be a home, when my friends leave or are banned, and when the atmosphere clouds and becomes uninviting, I will seek to inspire a reversion or improvement to the site I have loved for two years. If that fails, I shall find a new home.

This is what I want: I want for all of my friends to feel like amirite is the place for us to hang out together. I want us to be happy here. Amirite has a lot going for it: a professional look, convenient notifications, a fun atmosphere. We appreciate Anthony, because he listened to the users, we was funny, open, available. He had a face and a voice and was a part of our home. He is just one of the many things we miss. And all these things we love about amirite are becoming marred.

Over the last several months, I have been spending more and more of my time on amirite on the Mafia forum, and away from the main site. I can say confidently that the main site, although fun, has been replaced by the friends I have made on the forum.

My friends and I have noticed several small and major changes to the site. And upon voicing our opinions, we are either ignored (my last email was not replied to), discouraged, or banned. This is understandable; you cannot have the leaders of your community voicing against your site. But as the inconveniences piled up, we have been spending more and more times away from amirite, talking instead on Skype.

I am sure that you are aware of our new forum, [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] It is not professional, but it is a place where we feel like we don't have to deal with the changes, the pressure of the new admin, and the worries amirite has. It is a place where we are all allowed, and a place where we are all comfortable. We are at home.

It did not go unnoticed, of course, that James921 impersonated Decemberhare on that site, and began pestering other users with questions. I find that to be a really low and unethical blow. I would like to be open with you about our concerns, and you using backhanded methods of getting information out of us I find horrible disappointing. If you want to know our opinions, ask us up front.

So, as of now I am leaving amirite. I am not deactivating my account, but I will likely not vote on posts, post on the forums etc. The thing I want, my friends, is absent. All future mafia games will me held on Mafia Online. I hope to work with you to fix my one problem: the lack of my friends.

This will be a difficult issue to correct, as they are leaving for a multitude of reasons. I cannot speak for them all. I am sure you are aware of several of the reasons. If you want to know what will bring them back, ask them yourself.

I hope to be involved in this change, as amirite really has the potential to be the best home for us. But until then, I won't see you around here.

There is a lot about MO that is better for mafia than amirite, and there is a lot that is worse. I think that amirite's notifications, userbase, and profile system are better. However, we like being in control of mafia, having the themed ranks, the store, etc. that we would give up if we moved back.

That said, the main reason that we moved was because people were leaving no matter what. A lot of mafia players did not want to be on amirite anymore, and were going to leave mafia. Not wanting that, a lot of us worked to find a new place to hang out. No other forum was really a good place for us, so we made our own.

It was an act to preserve our game and our friendships. In my opinion, hopefully we can either make this site ideal, even better than amirite was for mafia, or we can all agree to move back to amirite.

I know that we all have different reasons for moving to MO. Mine is to stay with my friends. However, I recognize that amirite has the potential to be a better place to play mafia, if the mafia community is there. So I hope to be positive and hopefully one day make it so that we can all be happy there again.

If you want to help improve amirite in a responsible, respectful, and mature way, there is a group forming online. PM me for the details and I will get you involved. I do not want to post the link here as I expect the amirite admins to come snooping.

Until then, we have Mafia Online.

-Shawn
saturnlite88
saturnlite88
Admin
Admin

http://mafia-town.net

Back to top Go down