Mafia Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Thread in Which You Rant

+10
speckleasme
Lkun
partinobodycular
Mary
Statefarm
Matt
frostehh
PinkSponge
MunchyDumpling
boxtop
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

The Thread in Which You Rant Empty The Thread in Which You Rant

Post by boxtop Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:34 pm

If you've ever wanted to express your frustration on a certain topic or make a rant but you didn't know where, this is the place to get it all off your chest.
boxtop
boxtop
Hooker
Hooker

Back to top Go down

The Thread in Which You Rant Empty Re: The Thread in Which You Rant

Post by MunchyDumpling Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:51 pm

One thing I hate is when people make threads just for ranting. I mean, if I wanted to rant, I could do it on my own time, wherever I want, whenever I want! I shouldn't need a stupid prompt just to rant about something that I don't like! I have lots of original opinions, and I'm not going to waste my time ranting because some guy told me to! That's right, there's no way you can get me to rant! I'm not a follower, I can choose to do what I want, so STOP TRYING TO FORCE ME! Gosh, seriously. People on the internet these days.
tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue

Anyway, I'll think of something serious later.

Last edited by MunchyDumpling on Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:51 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Adding more tongues)
MunchyDumpling
MunchyDumpling
Gooney
Gooney

Back to top Go down

Post by PinkSponge Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:53 pm

Taylor is going to love this thread.
PinkSponge
PinkSponge
Informant
Informant

Back to top Go down

Post by PinkSponge Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:54 pm

She'll probably love it more than her first-born child, IMO.
PinkSponge
PinkSponge
Informant
Informant

Back to top Go down

Post by frostehh Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:57 pm

I rant to individual people, I would feel weird doing it where anyone in the world could read it.
frostehh
frostehh
Informant
Informant

Back to top Go down

Post by Matt Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:02 am

I'm going to love this thread. I might as well post my rant on Oliver here for you all to enjoy:

Okay Oliver/Admin/whatever your real name is go ahead and delete this, but I’ll keep adding this back up until you finally grow the balls to actually discuss something with one of your users. Most likely though I’ll end up banned but I guess that doesn’t really worry me. I really do hope you can read this whole thing, but I doubt your reading level is much higher than your website running level, so truth be told I’m expecting you to delete this after reading the first sentence. I’m adding the rest just in case, consider it wishful thinking.
You can’t run a website. Anything short of actually making good decisions won’t change that fact. Deleting this won’t change that. Banning me won’t change that, but I hope it does help you feel a bit better about yourself. Then I can move on with my life and while you spend all your money on a dying website and hopefully end up homeless. Amirite? is not the next big thing. Why not? It’s most likely because you are not good at your job. It’s almost pathetic that you believe this. Anybody can see this website sucks. If I buy a business and run it into the ground, and then spend all my money saying “oh look how good my business is” rather than trying to fix it, my business won’t improve because anybody can see that I can’t run it properly at all. People aren’t blind, and censoring their complaints doesn’t mean they aren’t there. I hope you enjoyed this lesson in business from a 17 year old; maybe it could have saved you tens of thousands of dollars if you knew you had to be competent to run a website before you chose to buy amirite?
When a grown man is this afraid of criticism, they really shouldn’t be on the internet. Were you bullied as a kid? I’d say yes for obvious reasons. Still, even if your life was a nightmare, you should be able to take criticism. I can understand post after post talking about how bad you are will eventually get annoying, but there is an easier solution: Stop being such a shitty website owner. Really, that will work. Not only will people stop complaining about you being terrible, but will also stop complaining about you deleting their opinions as well (Trust me, it’s a bitch to have your opinions labeled offensive and removed on a website such as this), and then you make more money because some people like the idea of the website owner knowing what they’re doing, so they’re more likely to stick around. Do you want to know why nearly your entire moderating team quit? It’s not because they felt you deserved better than them, it’s because you fucking suck. Even if you don’t think I know what I’m talking about, I’m pretty sure the mods do. Bre is the biggest power abuser of all time and even she chose to give it up just to avoid working for you.
I looked at your page for advertising and there are a few things that confused me. “(Please note the .net has recently been redirected to the .com so please disregard the current alexa rank)” To me, this is just a clever way of saying “We’ve made some awful changes as of late so don’t look at how bad our rank is”. Or you purposely changed the name so you would have an excuse for such a low rank. Regardless of that, it doesn’t seem like an explanation so much as an excuse, and in my opinion (we’re allowed to have those here, remember?) not a legitimate one. Also, “Average time on site is 8 minutes” Now, does this mean the average amirite user typically spends 8 minutes a day on here, or that the average person spends 8 minutes in total after seeing how awful you’ve made this website? “Age: 18-34” This really just shows that amirite? is mainly adults, and yet you still feel the need to censor the forums and posts and delete all criticism. Unless all 30 year olds are as sheltered and childish as you, they can handle seeing some curse words. I know I can and I’m what, half your age? Man up. That’s all I can say about that. Oh it looks like you removed the word fuck from posts and comments. What grown man is afraid of that word? Well I guess with all of the hints you’ve given I don’t know why I still think you’re a grown man. You might be 30 living at home, but your mental age really isn’t past five so I might as well consider you a child.
In case you didn’t already know, this is my third time trying to write one of these. The previous two have been removed because I wasn’t very nice. I can admit that. I appreciate that you went to the trouble of trying to correct me, so I think I will go to the trouble to explain to you why you’re a fucking idiot. You better appreciate that. I’ve never met you before; I’ve only known you since you took over the website a few weeks ago. And I’m still able to write nearly 800 words to this point about why you’re terrible. I am a highly gifted writer as I’ve been told, but that’s not really an excuse for you.
I hope by now you can see maybe you are not doing as well as you think you are. Don’t take my word for it, lots of other people have quit too. Your changes have been awful and I’m not the only person who thinks so; there are a lot of other people that you’ve decided to censor through fear of actually having to communicate with your users. Why did you and a couple new mods set their profile to private? You can’t claim to listen to users and censor them and shut yourself off from them at the same time. You don’t let users know anything about you or even message you unless you’re following them. Why should they have to go through the formal contact process just to get to know you or something? I do agree that other than to complain, nobody gives a shit about you, but you should really keep them informed about changes that affect them. You’re treating amirite? too much like a business rather than a community, which if you couldn’t tell by the massive amounts of people leaving, is a terrible idea. But if you did think this was a business, why does it seem like you’re hell bent on driving your older users away? Businesses do better with customers. It has to be an accident, because there’s no way anybody could fuck up so badly if they tried.
I also like how you decided to make my comments invisible without telling me. Do principals suspend students without telling them? Do employers fire workers without telling them? Spoilers: no, they don’t. Maybe the rest of the world grasps the concept of punishment, but somehow it eludes you. I can’t say I’m surprised. Oh well, at least you didn’t lie to me about it being a glitch. That would be extremely stupid. It makes things a lot easier and user friendly when I can’t even send you or the other mods a message because they don’t allow it! That way I can just sit in the dark about the whole thing wondering what happened. It’s not going to solve anything, I hope you know that.

I thought my profile really should be about me, but by removing mine twice, you taught me that it actually belongs to you. So here you go. If anything here is incorrect please feel free to inform me as if you’re an adult instead of acting like a petulant child. Thanks for reading. Oh wait, I bet you didn’t. Thanks for reading the first few words and crying like a bitch and deleting everything. There, that’s more accurate.

I put this as my amirite profile and got ip banned and I don't want it to go to waste so yeah
Matt
Matt
Hooker
Hooker

Back to top Go down

Post by Statefarm Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:17 am

PinkSponge wrote:Taylor is going to love this thread.
I actually started a thread just like this on Amirite. wary
Statefarm
Statefarm
Informant
Informant

Back to top Go down

Post by Statefarm Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:19 am

frostehh wrote:I rant to individual people, I would feel weird doing it where anyone in the world could read it.
When I rant to individual people, I always forget who I ranted to and end up ranting to the same person twice and then it's like, "You already told me this." And I'm like, "Oh. Sorry."

Which reminds me—I find it really annoying when someone starts to tell me a story (and just me, no one else there) and I'm like, "Oh, you already told me this." But then they continue anyways. I'VE HEARD THIS STORY. IT'S NOT ANY MORE ENTERTAINING THE SECOND TIME.
Statefarm
Statefarm
Informant
Informant

Back to top Go down

Post by boxtop Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:25 am

Statefarm wrote:
PinkSponge wrote:Taylor is going to love this thread.
I actually started a thread just like this on Amirite. wary
So how many middle-aged people have complained about their children so far? hehe
boxtop
boxtop
Hooker
Hooker

Back to top Go down

Post by Statefarm Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:27 am

I don't even know where that thread is anymore. wary

I think most of them complain in completely separate threads, actually.
Statefarm
Statefarm
Informant
Informant

Back to top Go down

Post by Mary Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:39 am

Statefarm wrote:I find it really annoying when someone starts to tell me a story (and just me, no one else there) and I'm like, "Oh, you already told me this." But then they continue anyways. I'VE HEARD THIS STORY. IT'S NOT ANY MORE ENTERTAINING THE SECOND TIME.
My. Mom. Does. This. All. Of. The. Time. It makes me want to SCREAM.
Mary
Mary
Hitman
Hitman

Back to top Go down

Post by Mary Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:44 am

Matt wrote:Do you want to know why nearly your entire moderating team quit? It’s not because they felt you deserved better than them, it’s because you fucking suck. Even if you don’t think I know what I’m talking about, I’m pretty sure the mods do.
hehe
Mary
Mary
Hitman
Hitman

Back to top Go down

Post by PinkSponge Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:05 am

Mary wrote:
Statefarm wrote:I find it really annoying when someone starts to tell me a story (and just me, no one else there) and I'm like, "Oh, you already told me this." But then they continue anyways. I'VE HEARD THIS STORY. IT'S NOT ANY MORE ENTERTAINING THE SECOND TIME.
My dad does this, and he always keeps going because "No, wait, let me tell it again so you can hear it in the light of whatever triggered me to start telling it in the first place!" or whatever.
PinkSponge
PinkSponge
Informant
Informant

Back to top Go down

Post by PinkSponge Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:06 am

Also, I hate ranting to individual people. I feel like I'm being a burden, I have to be in a group like this where I can be ignored if people want to. y
PinkSponge
PinkSponge
Informant
Informant

Back to top Go down

Post by Mary Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:10 am

Last night I was in a really crappy mood as some of you might know if I was talking to you and I was mad at everything and everyone so when I went to bed, the dog I was dog sitting slept in my room so I pulled him up onto my bed to cuddle with me and make me feel better about myself and then he just jumped off. It made me really sad that not even the dog wanted to be with me.

I guess that wasn't really a rant. But oh well.
Mary
Mary
Hitman
Hitman

Back to top Go down

Post by partinobodycular Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:05 am

PinkSponge wrote:
Mary wrote:
My dad does this, and he always keeps going because "No, wait, let me tell it again so you can hear it in the light of whatever triggered me to start telling it in the first place!" or whatever.
My dad's the same way. He's also a very circular talker, so he'll say the same thing five times before he decides he's finished.
Mary wrote:Last night I was in a really crappy mood as some of you might know if I was talking to you and I was mad at everything and everyone so when I went to bed, the dog I was dog sitting slept in my room so I pulled him up onto my bed to cuddle with me and make me feel better about myself and then he just jumped off. It made me really sad that not even the dog wanted to be with me.

I guess that wasn't really a rant. But oh well.
Aw, Mary. Hug
partinobodycular
partinobodycular
Admin
Admin

http://rayshagurlquakay.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Lkun Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:24 am

EV training in Pokémon is the most boring/annoying aspect of trying to make a good team...
Lkun
Lkun
Gooney
Gooney

Back to top Go down

Post by speckleasme Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:44 am

Wow nice one Matt. y
speckleasme
speckleasme
Crook
Crook

Back to top Go down

Post by partinobodycular Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:51 pm

My parents like to act like every decision I make is a terrible one, and then they get on my back about how I never do anything. Like, "You need to get a job. It doesn't have to be a job you like, it doesn't have to be forever, you just need to start making money." "Okay, my cousin just asked me to help her with her daycare. She said she'd pay me." "There's no way you're doing that, tell her no." Or, "Hey, I just found this awesome thing that sounds like so much fun, what do you think?" "Let us tell you why that's terrible."
partinobodycular
partinobodycular
Admin
Admin

http://rayshagurlquakay.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Statefarm Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:25 pm

So, recently (like two minutes ago), I saw this comment saying "I'd love to see a battle between FFR (Freedom from Religion atheist group) and WBC (Westboro Baptist church)". That was the entire comment. They didn't go on to say anything else about either group.

If you're going to put what an acronym means in parentheses RIGHT NEXT TO IT and you're only going to say it ONE TIME, then WHAT IS THE POINT OF PUTTING THE ACRONYM AT ALL? You're just giving yourself more to type by adding it in there. The comment makes just as much sense if you forgo the acronym and just say Freedom From Religion (maybe you could 'atheist group' in parentheses) and Westboro Baptist Church. I could understand if you were going to go on and talk about it and didn't want to type it out each time so you just threw that in so people know what you're talking about but in that comment, there was no reason for it.
Statefarm
Statefarm
Informant
Informant

Back to top Go down

Post by kidder4life31 Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:48 pm

I FUCKING HATE LIFE *QUEUE ROARS OF ANGER* (in the distance) FUCK ALL OF THIS! *goes into Ultimate Hulk Mode* *Crashing Nosies* FUCK! GOD DAMN! FD;BASGJAGRHGRO'EHFUDSGFDSOJFIDSBFIDSFIFDBFUHFHFBYFDSHIFV! *pant* *pant* So how is your day? Smile
kidder4life31
kidder4life31
Scum
Scum

Back to top Go down

Post by lucyjoan Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:53 pm

Hug
lucyjoan
lucyjoan
Admin
Admin

https://facebook.com/lucyjoancrochet

Back to top Go down

Post by Mary Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:34 am

So tomorrow I'm leaving for my mission trip to Alabama but I don't feel good so I really need to get better because I don't want to be sick on my trip but I don't know what to do Sad
Mary
Mary
Hitman
Hitman

Back to top Go down

Post by lucyjoan Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:21 pm

Ohmigosh. So today this fucking freshman (in stark contrast to the awesome freshmen we have here) decides to be a dumbass and throws her tea all over her friend. Of course, being an idiot, she half missed her friend, and the other half got all over my friends and me as we tried to mind our own business and eat lunch. I literally just stood up and went home. My backpack is sticky, though. It's really annoying.
lucyjoan
lucyjoan
Admin
Admin

https://facebook.com/lucyjoancrochet

Back to top Go down

Post by Statefarm Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:31 pm

When I was a freshman, I hated freshmen.
Statefarm
Statefarm
Informant
Informant

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next