Mafia Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Thread in Which You Rant

+10
speckleasme
Lkun
partinobodycular
Mary
Statefarm
Matt
frostehh
PinkSponge
MunchyDumpling
boxtop
14 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

The Thread in Which You Rant - Page 2 Empty Re: The Thread in Which You Rant

Post by partinobodycular Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:58 pm

So I work for my aunt 4 days a week, most weeks, but sometimes the schedule changes. Since yesterday was a holiday and I was traveling over the weekend, I had Monday off, and my aunt said she'd try to get someone else to help on Tuesday so I wouldn't have to come in until Wednesday. Great! She said she'd call if she couldn't get help for Tuesday. Monday night, I haven't gotten a call from her, except for one pocket dial, so I call her. She doesn't answer. She never answers her phone. So I leave a message saying I wanted to make sure she didn't need her tomorrow and asked her to call me back. She never did, so I figured she didn't need me and I could sleep in. 7:30 AM, she calls me. I know as soon as I see her name she's going to ask me to come down, so I let it go to voicemail so I can have a minute to think. I listen to the voicemail as soon as I get it.

"Hi, Ren, if you're on your way, just take a cab today. It's too cold to walk."

Not, "Hey, Ren, I got your call and we don't need you." Not even "Hey, Ren, I'm really sorry but we do need you to come down." No. She expected me to somehow know I was needed and to be on my way - which, by that time, I would have, if she had just given me any sort of notice. Then she calls back right away, so I answer, and she repeats her message, and I tell her I didn't know they needed me, and she says, "Yeah, we need you all week."

So that's the story of how my aunt informed me at the last minute that she needed me to come over for four days. The good news is, this is my last week.
partinobodycular
partinobodycular
Admin
Admin

http://rayshagurlquakay.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sawybean1 Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:37 pm

Right now, I'm in a show. In years past, I haven't had much work. But this year, we have to right a speech in English, a testimony in History, we have a Math midterm, and I have a Spanish test coming up. All of those things are going to be crappy now because rehearsals go to 7:00, it takes me 45 min. to get home, and I try to fall asleep at 10:00! I'm just really annoyed that I have so much work that won't be over for another 2 weeks! Plus, there is a huge sickness going around that's keeping a ton of people out of school when the show is starting next week, and I'm not ready to fill in for the part that I'm understudying because I don't have time to study the part because of all the work I have, which is still stressing me out because all the work is overlapping!!!!!!!!! *sigh* Just glad to get that off of my chest.
Sawybean1
Sawybean1
Hooker
Hooker

Back to top Go down

Post by partinobodycular Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:26 pm

Hug
partinobodycular
partinobodycular
Admin
Admin

http://rayshagurlquakay.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by speckleasme Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:13 pm

Sawybean1 wrote: we have to right a speech in English
hehe
speckleasme
speckleasme
Crook
Crook

Back to top Go down

Post by Skr3wBall Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:56 pm

Over the weekend, you guys don't mind if I abuse this thread with my hatred of almsot everything in existence right? Contradicts my love of almost all people on amirite and mafia, but I seriously hate a lot of things and have reasons to hate them.
Skr3wBall
Skr3wBall
Gooney
Gooney

Back to top Go down

Post by lucyjoan Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:14 am

Hug
lucyjoan
lucyjoan
Admin
Admin